Tax Advisory Department
In today’s volatile business environment, with ever-changing tax rules and regulations and increasingly stringent anti-avoidance requirements of tax reporting, it is of paramount importance for every individual and corporation (be it a multinational corporation having presence in multiple jurisdictions or a medium-sized corporation carrying out business in Hong Kong) to be able to comprehend the implications of and take a proactive approach towards tax risks, in order to stay afloat in the volatility and ahead of their competitors.
Staffed by a dedicated team of lawyers, certified public accountants and tax experts with expertise and practical experience, OLN’s tax advisory team prides itself in assisting clients to minimize tax risks and identifying tax saving opportunities in a tax-effective manner.
OLN provides a full range of advisory services. In particular, we offer the following tax services:-
Full Scope Review on Group Structure;
- Understanding client’s background;
- Developing strategies; and
- Implementing strategies and continuous review.
Corporate Tax Planning
- Reviewing the existing holding structure and business operations;
- Reviewing the local and international tax implications;
- Reviewing the optimal group restructuring;
- Reviewing tax efficient ways in profit / fund repatriation;
- Conducting due diligence review for pre-IPO or M&A transactions; and
- Assisting on investment planning (especially across multiple tax jurisdictions).
Personal Tax Planning
- Formulating domestic and cross border personal tax planning; and
- Advising on issues related to trusts, family businesses and estate succession plans.
Property Related Taxes Advice
- Advising on stamp duty issues; and
- Advising on tax efficient property holding structure.