We have extensive experience in both insolvency and restructuring work, and have represented appointment takers, banks, other creditors, creditors’ committees and debtors.
We have advised creditors who have successfully petitioned the court to place the respondent company into compulsory liquidation and obtained orders to appoint provisional liquidators pre- winding-up to safeguard assets in jeopardy.
We have advised insolvent practitioners on the innumerable problems they can face when taking up office and helped them navigate through the law and procedure in this specialist area, and find commercial solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
More specifically, we have given advice in relation to the following :
- Rights as to the ownership of corporate assets subject to competing claims
- Litigation/arbitration funding and the issues these funding arrangements give rise to
- Avoidable disposition arising from the disposal of property by an insolvent listed group to a leading bank member of a syndicated loan agreement
- Various applications to the Companies Court for orders to assist liquidators and other appointment takers perform their duties
- Advising on cross-boarder jurisdictional issues
- Schemes of arrangement and other corporate rescue
- Enforcement of security, litigation and asset tracing and recovery