Eunice is a senior associate with the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group. She is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and Canada with extensive experience advising financial institutions, corporations and high net-worth individuals in Hong Kong, PRC-related, offshore and multi-jurisdictional disputes including:
• white collar crime including financial regulatory investigations and related judicial review proceedings
• bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings
• shareholder and director disputes
• contractual disputes
• land disputes
• employment disputes
• private client/trust disputes
Prior to joining OLN, Eunice was a prosecutor for the Canadian government and a member of the litigation teams of international and PRC-based law firms.
• Acting for the liquidator and provisional liquidator in over 40 highly-contested winding up proceedings as part of a global insolvency and restructuring process of a multi-national fish trading conglomerate with operations on every continent and entities listed in HK and Singapore.
• Acting in a high profile appeal to the UK Privy Council in a shareholder’s dispute involving a Macau casino license and land ownership rights.
• Acting for a funds house in judicial review and injunction proceedings, advising on compliance with search warrants and notices issued under the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
• Acting for an international private bank in proceedings against a guarantor who is the subject of international media attention.
• Assisting a corporate victim of internet fraud in tracing monies transferred to accounts in the PRC and Hong Kong.
• Defending a PRC citizen investigated by the police and the Commercial Crime Bureau for money laundering.
• Acting for a PRC-controlled company in setting aside an interim injunction and commencing proceedings for the appointment of a provisional liquidator with a view to removing directors within the group on the basis of quasi-partnership and equitable winding up.
• Acting for a shipping port equipment manufacturer in arbitration proceedings to defend breach of contract and tort claims.
• Acting for a high net-worth individual in a suit in breach of contract and fraud seeking a declaration of constructive trust against the registered owner of multi-million properties located in HK and Canada.
• Advising a Toronto-based listed securities firm on a large-scale class action lawsuit involving fraudulent misrepresentation of gold discovery.
• Conducting an internal investigation commissioned by a corporate employer on sexual harassment complaints and advising on employment termination of the alleged perpetrator.
Eunice is fluent in the written Chinese language, and speaks Cantonese, Putonghua and English.