Eunice is a senior associate with the firm’s Dispute Resolution Group. She is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and Canada with extensive experience acting in HK, PRC-related, offshore and multi-jurisdictional disputes including:
- Shareholders’ disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Civil fraud
- Criminal fraud and other white-collar crime including investigations by the Securities & Futures Commission and the Commercial Crime Bureau
- Intellectual property disputes
- Land and trust disputes
Prior to joining OLN, Eunice was a prosecutor for the Canadian government and a member of renowned disputes resolution teams of international and PRC-based law firms.
- Acting for the liquidator and provisional liquidator in over 40 highly-contested winding up proceedings as part of a global insolvency and restructuring process of a fish trading conglomerate.
- Acting in a high-profile appeal to the UK Privy Council in a shareholders’ dispute involving a Macau casino license and land ownership rights.
- Commencing and defending actions in passing off, trademark enforcement and domain name disputes for well-known international brands.
- Acting for a funds house in judicial review proceedings, advising on compliance with search warrants and notices issued by the SFC.
- Acting for an international private bank in cross-border proceedings against a guarantor who is the subject of international media attention.
- Acting for a multi-national corporation with operations in Europe and the U.S. in tracing monies fraudulently transferred to accounts to the PRC and HK and in obtaining injunctive relief from the HK Courts.
- Defending a shipping port equipment manufacturer in arbitration proceedings based on contractual and tortious claims.
- Acting for a high net-worth individual to obtain a declaration of constructive trust in relation to properties located in HK and Canada.
- Acting for a defendant alleged to have breached data privacy laws in multiple lawsuits commenced at different levels of courts and administrative tribunals.
- Acting a Toronto-based securities firm on a class action lawsuit involving fraudulent misrepresentation of gold discovery.
Eunice speaks Cantonese, Putonghua and English, and is fluent in the written Chinese language.