Connie was awarded a degree of Bachelor of Social Sciences (Government and Laws) in 2007, and a degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) in 2009 at University of Hong Kong. After finishing her traineeship, which was mainly focusing on civil and criminal litigation and commercial areas, Connie Ma joined OLN as an Associate in August 2012.
In OLN, Connie’s practice areas extended to probate and estate planning, guardianship and mental health proceedings and China practice.
Her current main practice areas are:
- Civil and commercial litigation including shareholders’ disputes, insolvency, fraud and contractual claims and land-related disputes.
- Key case: Chau Wang Fat Eddie v Chim Chun Choy also known as Chim Chun Choi (HCA 485/2012): successfully defended the Plaintiff’s application for Mareva injunction.
- Criminal litigation: defended and mitigated for client in criminal proceedings;
- Probate practice: advised client on estate planning; administered assets for the administrator; advised client on their right and entitlement on the estate and claimed the entitlement for client; seeking to pass over the administrator on the ground that the administrator has intermeddled with the estate and the beneficiaries have lost all trust and confidence in the integrity and suitability of the intended administrator to administer the Estate in accordance with our legal entitlements;
- Mental health proceedings: made application for client to act as committee of the estate of the mentally incapacitated person under part II of Mental Health Ordinance (Cap.136) to manage the financial affairs of the mentally incapacitated person.
Connie speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.